DICE have just announced they are upgrading Battlefield 3′s multiplayer servers. The aim of the upgrade is to fix various crashes and connection problems that gamers have been experiencing, as well as to beef up game security. The upgrade change log is as follows:
- Fix for crashes usually occurring during level switches. Server providers may see a little bit of memory leakage instead in this situation.
- Game servers should no longer quit in some situations where the online backend servers are down. Server will reconnect to the backend once it’s up again.
- Fix for ghost servers which didn’t accept connections.
- Kick reasons should better match situations where they are issued. This will help battlelog provide more accurate information to the player.
- Connection fixes to avoid players sometimes being rejected while joining the game server on one of the last slots.
- Security updates.
- Improved server logging.