Find/unlock and purchase Red Bricks to turn on special bonuses in the “Extras” menu. You can still earn achievements while Red Bricks are active. Follow the guide below to find all 20.
1. Studs Score Multiplier x2 – Use Superman to fly to the base of the yellow crane in Bricksburg. Use the crane as Emmet (Master Builder) to get a piece that is missing from Bricksburg’s fountain. Once you put it in place, you will be able to buy the brick for 250,000 studs.
2. Studs Score Multiplier x4 – Talk to the banker in The Old West and retrieve the three stolen gold bars. As Demolition Guy, force the first thief out of the barn to the left of the bank. As Vitruvius (Old), use the secret knock to enter the saloon and find the second thief. Climb onto the roof and make your way across rooftops until you reach the toilet, where you must open the door as Batman to reveal the third thief. Once all the gold is returned, you will be able to buy the brick for 500,000 studs.
3. Studs Score Multiplier x6 – Go to the central plaza of Cloud Cuckoo Land and use a character with lasers (such as Benny or FemBot) to destroy the gold wall. Cross the platforms on the other side, and solve the puzzles on the third platform to be able to buy the brick for 1,000,000 studs. You will need to return to this area for the 17th red brick.
4. Studs Score Multiplier x8 – On the second floor of Octan Tower, there are some computers you can use, one of which will open the doors to a new area downstairs. In the new area, spin the game show wheel until you win the brick, which you can buy for 2,500,000 studs.
5. Studs Score Multiplier x10 – Return Mrs. Scrachen-Post’s five cats to her in Bricksburg. Use a character with hacking abilities to retrieve the first from the train station. Find the second and third on balconies. To reach the fourth, in the Outhouse, you will need to either use Vitruvius’s secret knock or build a launcher near the police station with Unikitty. To reach the fifth, use Lord Business (after you beat Story Mode) to press the button in the Station Dining Area. Once all five are returned, you will be able to buy the brick for 5,000,000 studs.
6. Fast Repair – Open the same area you opened to get the fifth cat for the previous brick, and collect in Instruction Build Page from inside. After you build the food wagon on the orange platform, you will be able to buy the next brick for 100,000 studs.
7. Fast Drill – Drive off the five birds in The Old West. Three are self-explanatory, but the fourth requires you to use Unikitty to reach it, and the fifth can only be scared away if you beat the windmill blower’s mini game. The brick will be yours to buy for 100,000 studs once the birds are gone.
8. Fast Build – Put out the fire in the center of The Old West. Buy Ice Cream Jo if you don’t already have her, and throw ice cream cones through the windows of the burning house. Once the fire is extinguished, you will be able to buy the brick for 100,000 studs.
9. Fast Boomerangs – Go to the central platform of Cloud Cuckoo Land and get inside the spaceship. Once you disembark, find the fire symbol on the ground and set some explosives. Back in the plaza, you will be able to buy the brick for 100,000 studs.
10. Fast Secret Knock – Find the platform near the middle of Cloud Cuckoo Land with the Lego sun on it. There should be a building spot for a Master Builder. Create stairs to take you up to the distant brick, which costs 100,000 studs.
11. Fast Hack – As Lord Business, press the high switch near the center of the Octan Tower, and then go upstairs to buy the brick for 100,000 studs from the newly opened area.
12. Gold Instruction Page Detector – Go to the Saloon in The Old West and climb up the green staircase to reach the roof. You’ll need a female character’s jump to get all the way up, where you can buy the brick for 600,000 studs.
13. Red Brick Detector – Go to the center plaza of Cloud Cuckoo Land and build the horse ride on the empty orange platform. Once you do this, you will be able to buy the brick for 200,000 studs.
14. Pants Detector – Take a Master Builder to the park area in Bricksburg, and build a Tea Pot Vehicle (after you beat Story Mode). When it is built, you will be able to buy the brick for 200,000 studs.
15. Character Studs Detector – Collect the three instruction pages in The Old West: one from the horse pen, one from a rooftop, and one from the town. Take them to the center of town and build a well on the orange platform to buy the brick for 100,000 studs.
16. Collect Guide Studs – In Bricksburg, there is a house with a green and pink fence. You can find it if you use the Ice Cream Truck as a landmark and turn left after that street. Destroy the fence and replace it with a platform to boost you onto the roof, where a Master Builder can alter what the billboard says. You will then be able to buy the brick for 50,000 studs, on the other side of the street.
17. Attract Studs – Collect the three Unikitty figurines in Cloud Cuckoo Land. One is hidden inside a teacup in the central area. It can be pulled down with Batman. The second will be revealed when Emmet repairs the box on the platform with the stairs. The third is behind the gold wall destroyed to reach the 3rd red brick. This time, turn left at the puzzle platform, use Batman or Wonder Woman to open the hatch, and use Emmet to get the final figurine from the box inside. You will be able to buy the brick for 600,000 studs.
18. Extra Hearts – Pull down all of the posters in Octan Tower to be able to buy the brick for 100,000 studs.
19. Regenerate Hearts – Build three rainbow platforms around Octan Tower to be able to buy the brick for 100,000 studs.
20. Invincibility – On the second floor of Octan Tower, go right. On top of the catwalk, you can access a computer to open the door to a new area, in which you can buy the brick for 100,000 studs.
[more cheats for The LEGO Movie Video Game here]